Are you an experienced commercial kitchen designer with a flair for design and a passion for innovation? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment, working on multiple projects and deadlines independently? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
They creates exciting, innovative, and versatile food and beverage facilities for projects of all sizes and all market sectors. From a single piece of equipment to a full turn-key solution, they treat every project with the same care and efficiency, creating fantastic results for their customers, their partners, and their team.
Some of their recent work includes design and build projects for Hilton Hotels, BBC, Howdens, The NEC Exhibition Centre and The National Gallery.
As the Midweight Designer, you will be a key player in their dynamic design team, responsible for driving the company's creative direction. With a current team of 6 operators (expanding to 7), the Design Office Manager will oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring maximum efficiency, innovation, and meeting client demands.
Your role will involve:
- Creating 2D designs using AutoCAD and Revit, and leading the creative direction by generating 3D visualizations with Autodesk 3DS Max.
- Collaborating with customers, architects, suppliers, and other departments within [Company Name] to provide effective design and technical services.
- Preparing proposals and mood boards for restaurant customer-facing areas, including interior design work.
- Conducting occasional site visits for measurements and gaining experience.
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD and 3DS Max.
- Experience in commercial kitchen and restaurant design with a strong understanding of catering equipment.
- Good technical awareness and knowledge of the latest Windows operating systems.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, with the ability to work effectively as part of a friendly and supportive team.
- Capability to produce fully detailed M&E service drawings.
- Knowledge of general architecture building layouts.
- Competitive salary based on experience and skill level.
- Discretionary annual bonus related to the company's success (up to £3.6k) and tax-free.
- You'll be part of a forward-thinking, design-oriented Employee Owned Trust company.
- Additional training and career progression opportunities.
- Private Health Care after 20 weeks of service.
- Paid annual leave: 25 days + public holidays
If you are interested in this position, please apply today with your CV and portfolio.